Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Identifying potentiometer for Hifi/general pot help

Enquire about part equivalents and difficult-to-find parts here. This is the forum to discuss everything about electronic parts and components.

Moderator: pebe

Identifying potentiometer for Hifi/general pot help

Postby maggik24 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:03 pm


I've been taking apart a hifi of mine for a project (first time doing this) and in the process damaged a the volume pot. I'm struggling to source a new one and would appreciate any help you guys can offer.

The pot has 6 pins (all in one line, no 2x3) which attach it to a circuit board and is marked as 100Kohm on top. I am struggling to find anything in the UK that is like this but have found a 50k ohm option. Would it be suitable to replace with a 50k pot? The pot is also marked as 111MMAL, does this mean anything?

IMG_3987 (1).JPG
IMG_3987 (1).JPG (144.61 KiB) Viewed 27701 times

As a rule, why might it be that I can find lots of pots with a 3x2 pin configuration but not 6x1?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Return to Electronic Parts forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests